Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mission Statement

This is going to be a blog dedicated to songs of the summertime with a heavy bias towards Surf Rock. I am a lake bum in Texas and live in a constant Summer mindset. I am always looking for songs that fit summer themes. Songs for the boat. Songs for driving through the countryside. Songs for raging at a house party. Songs for walking in the insane heat. All kinds of stuff. I'm going to take a very loose interpretation of what a "summertime" song actually is. To me they are generally upbeat. I have always had a bit of a Surf Rock fetish. It is awesomesauce. Bedouin Soundclash, Pepper, Sublime(duh), The Dirty Heads, The Beautiful Girls and G. Love work themselves into just about every playlist or mix CD I have ever made. I branch out of that, but they are my staple. I feel like surf rock stuff doesn't get that much coverage from the blogosphere. Maybe because all of the fans are busy surfing or just stoned and lazy. I am going to take this duty upon myself and spread the word of what is known as surf rock, dub rock or reggae rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment