Sunday, July 17, 2011

Long Hot Weekends

I just finished up a fantastic weekend, only to wake up this morning and discover the upstairs AC(where I live) is broken :(. ITS HOT. Anyways, aside from that, I got into turntable.fm this weekened. Have you seen this thing? It is pretttty neat. For those of you that don't know, Turntable.fm is a new interactive way to listen to music with your friends or random internet strangers. You create a digital little club, then you have the opportunity to jump up and spin some records for the digital avatars in the room. If they like your music they can hit the "awesome" button, and their avatars suddenly gets bobble-head syndrome. If they don't like your music they hit the "lame" tab. If you get to many "lame"s then your song is skipped. If that happens more than once you get kicked off the 1's and 2's strait up Apollo style(they really should add in a big hook thing to pull you off stage). It is a fun way to chat and hear some new music. If you live with more than one person or happen to have two computers it is a pretty awesome way to stream music for free. I feel like pretty soon it is going to be subscription based or super ad heavy. Right now it is free and glorious so take advantage of it while you can.

My summer song of the weekend is an older one I forgot about, but heard on turntable.fm from a buddy.



YUP! I love this version. I think it is better than the original. For some reason the idea of this huge Hawaiian sitting on a beach and staring off into the distance with his little tiny ukulele playing this song just makes me all warm and tingly. Yes, the fact that he is huge and Hawaiian makes the song better. That is science. If you don't enjoy this song you might as well never read this blog again.

Well I'm going to go sit and sweat in my room for a while.
Be Easy,
Phil

1 comment:

  1. The first time I heard this song I was at Texas School of the Deaf and they performed this song for The Wizard of Oz. I thought it was a very interesting version and fit into the play perfectly.

    ReplyDelete